Economic Development involves activities and actions on the part of government, community-based organizations, businesses, industry groups and citizen volunteers to improve the sustainability and economic outlook of their community. The process of developing and maintaining suitable economic, social, environmental and political conditions, in which balanced growth may be realized, increasing the resilience and well-being of the community.
The District of Fort St. James employs an Economic Development Officer to work with a variety of partners, as both a facilitator and catalyst, to help create an environment in which communities can thrive, businesses can grow and people can prosper.
The District of Fort St. James offers a number of services through its Economic Development Department including:
- Small business development assistance
- Capacity building book-loan program (books available for business start-up, non-profit development, community development, building relationships with first nations, etc).
- Research on the local economy
- Information services
- Networking with Chamber of Commerce
- Information about funding programs such as the Business Facade Improvement Program through NDIT
Contact the Economic Development Officer