We are a four season destination known for our relaxed and friendly vibe. There is so much to do, you'll be spoiled for choice!
Fort St. James is nearly in the centre of the Province of British Columbia and is an easy 158 Km from Prince George along Highway 16 West, 299 sunny days per year and amazing fishing!
5 Things you didn't know about Fort St. James
- Fort St. James is located on the shores of Stuart Lake (Nak'al Bun), the traditional territory of Nak'azdli Whut'en, Dakelh speaking peoples. Say "Hello" - Hadih; "Please" - Awe; "Thank you" - Musi in the Carrier language. Click on each link to hear the pronunciation. Learn about the Nak'azdli Whut'en story!
- Fort St. James is the historic capital of British Columbia as founded in 1806 by Simon Fraser and the Hudson's Bay Company.
- We have WORLD CLASS Chicken Racing - Place your bets and win Chicken Bucks!
- Murray Ridge has the longest T-bar in North America. Check out the snow seekers video and Amazing downhill mountain bike trails!
- We have a rich history of aviation. Learn about Russ Baker and other Pilot Pioneers! We are the gateway to recreation in the great the northern backcountry.
Here you will find a welcoming community where you can relax on the beach, and enjoy some of the most beautiful sunsets around.
Fort St. James - Historic and Resourceful! - Promotional Video