All about Building Permits
A building permit is required if you plan to construct, renovate, or demolish a building. This is important to ensure the safety of your family and guests, and protect the investment of your property.
- when constructing a new building or accessory structure greater than 100 square feet in size
- construction of a new deck
- when placing a modular home on a property
- when moving an existing building
- when demolishing a building
- add to or making interior renovations that change the structure of a building
- enclosure of a carport or change a garage to a living space
- finish an existing basement
- install a fireplace, solid fuel burning
All construction will need adhere to BC Building Code.
Residents can apply for building permits by submitting an application and the associated documents at the District Office. At this time the application cannot be submitted on-line.
Building Permit Application
Your project will need to comply with the Municipality's Zoning Bylaw to receive a Building Permit.
Building permit fees for secondary suites or garden suites are waived.
- Minimum permit fee: $50.00
- Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional: 0.6% or Construction Value ($6.00 per $1,000.00)
- Residential: 0.6% or Construction Value ($6.00 per $1,000.00)
- Manufactured Home Single wide: $150.00
- Manufactured Home: Double wide: $300.00
- Wood burning Appliance and Chimney: $100.00
- Move a Building: 0.6% or Construction Value ($6.00 per $1,000.00)
- Demolition: 0.6% or Construction Value ($6.00 per $1,000.00)
- Inspections including minor alterations, additions and repairs: 0.6% or Construction Value ($6.00 per $1,000.00)
- Change of Occupancy: $100.00 + 0.6% or Construction Value
- Cancellation of Note against Land Title, Pursuant to section 58 of the Community Charter: $200.00