We are a four season destination known for our relaxed and friendly vibe. There is so much to do, you'll be spoiled for choice!
Fort St. James is nearly in the centre of the Province of British Columbia and is an easy 158 Km from Prince George along Highway 16 West.
10 things you may not know about Fort St. James
- Fort St. James is located on the shores of Stuart Lake (Nak'al Bun), the traditional territory of the Nak'azdli Whut'en, Dakelh speaking peoples. Learn how to say "Hello" - Hadih; "Please" - Awe; "Thank you" - Musi in the Carrier language. Click on each link to hear the pronunciation. Learn about the Nak'azdli Whut'en story!
- Fort St. James is the historic capital of British Columbia as founded in 1806 by Simon Fraser and the Hudson's Bay Company.
- We have WORLD CLASS Chicken Racing - Place your bets and win Chicken Bucks!
- Murray Ridge has the longest T-bar in North America. Check out the snow seekers video!
- Fort St. James only has one pedestrian controlled traffic light.
- We have a rich history of aviation. Learn about Russ Baker and other Pilot Pioneers!
- This is the place to be if you're a rock-hound! Stoll the beach for semi-precious stones...
- Fort St. James enjoys an average of 299 sunny days, that's 1918 hours of sunlight per year.
- The fishing is Amazing! Image
- We are the gateway to recreation in the great the northern backcountry.
Here you will find a welcoming community where you can relax on the beach, and enjoy some of the most beautiful sunsets around.